Justin Williams "Rails Solutions: Ruby on Rails Made Easy"
January 2007 English ISBN-13: 978-1-59059-752-1 285 Pages PDF 6.29 MB
In this book you'll learn:
* How to develop web applications quickly and easily with the Ruby on Rails framework
* The basics of programming principles and Ruby syntax, so you can begin to understand what’s going on under the hood
* How to implement must-have web application features, such as user ***s, data validation, sending e-mail, image uploading, and more
* How to use Ajax techniques with Rails and when not to use them
* How to implement other Web 2.0 features in Rails, such as tag clouds and microformats
The book provides an introduction to Ruby on Rails with the web designer in mind. Instead of focusing on the intricate syntax of each method, the book focuses on the tasks you’ll want to perform on your website and then walks you through how to implement that functionality with Rails. Design and usability are kept in mind throughout, ensuring that your site both looks and works great.